- Be able to lead an internal audit, autonomously, on an ISO 9000 quality management system.
- Demystify and manage to use the possibilities of a first-ranking improvement tool.
- Internal auditors;
- Management representatives;
- Quality assistants;
- Any person required to perform internal quality audits
- Definition of an internal audit and its purpose;
- Explanation of the methodology of an internal audit as an improvement tool;
- Communication techniques during an internal audit;
- Development of main stages;
- Preparation of the audit visit:
o Identify the main elements and draw up an audit guide;
- Performance of the audit;
- Steering after audit;
o Draw up the report;
o Communicate findings to the persons audited;
o Draw up the action plan with the persons audited;
o Monitor the application of the action plan.
o Study the reference documents;
o Draw up a maintenance guide;
o Application of the methodology;
o Gather elements of proof enabling to make observations and draw conclusions;
o By the auditors;
o By the leader;
o Verbal and non-verbal communication advice;
- Completion of the report:
o Presentation to persons audited and persons concerned.
The preferred educational method will be based on a sequence of “discovery exercise, formalisation of knowledge by the instructor” and on a demonstrative method. This method is the most appropriate in order to give a general overview of the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard. Examples from firms that comply with the standard will be given by the instructor for further explanation. Participants will be encouraged to consider their own company’s situation.
The training session will be enhanced by a visual dynamic “Powerpoint” type of presentation. Participants receive the course material, documents and useful photocopies.