The implementation of the ISO 14001 or EMAS standards enables the inclusion of environmental risk prevention in your company’s policy and the improvement of your environmental efficiency. This also contributes to giving a positive image to your activities.
- Reduce your environmental impacts;
- Keep your company in compliance with environmental law;
- Improve your relations with local residents and authorities;
- Make savings (energy, waste removal...);
- Gain recognition for your environmental commitment;
- Improve your brand image.
ISO 14001 and EMAS have a similar approach. EMAS is however more restrictive on certain issues. These differences, in particular at the level of communication to staff members and the public (environmental declaration), of the environmental assessment and the legal and regulatory compliance, are taken into account from the start of the procedure or integrated in your current environmental management system.
Environmental management systems may be easily integrated in your quality or safety management systems. It is important to note that the aim is not to alter your company’s organisation, but to provide occasional, coherent and concerted actions for improvement in a structured way.
Intraco Consulting may work on all or a part of the aspects listed below:
- Review of legislative situation;
- Analysis of environmental impacts;
- Environmental programmes, aims, indicators and environmental management tools;
- Assistance with drawing up procedures;
- Checking and preparation for the internal audit;
- Management review.